Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Berry Expereince: The CDC

No, I'm not talking about the center for disease control.  I'm talking about Berry's Child Development Center.

It's hard for me to put into words what this place means to me.  This post is going to be short, and not do justice to what is in my heart.  But I can't reflect on my time at Berry without my mind going back to this space.

The number of times I would be so stressed I couldn't see straight during my time at Berry is unfathomable.  I'll be honest, I had some hard days and dealt with some ugly stuff.  But by the grace of God I would go into one of those cottage classrooms and be met by three and four year old faces looking up at me.  So somehow all that stress from a moment ago would melt away.  He used those little guys to keep me going.  To energize me and give me a good laugh.

I can't even begin to describe everything God taught me there.  There is so much it might take me a whole week to write it all out.  He taught me more about Himself.  He taught me more about myself.  To top it off, He gave me little sneak peeks into His heart through those precious kiddos.

It was in this place He confirmed what His direction on my life would be. 


I am thankful God lead me to Berry for many reasons, but a big one is because of this preschool.

I was only able to find one other post about my job.  But it pretty much captures the kind of things God revealed to me regularly while I was there.

Really, the only words I have left are to God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment