Well, Thanksgiving came and went.
The holiday shoppers extracted every last door buster on that glorious Friday.
ABC Family did a count down to the count down to the 25 Days of Christmas.
And now it's December 2nd.
This is the first holiday season where I feel more sad than joyful.
Last year's Christmas season was emotional, yes.
My beloved cousin got married.
I turned 21.
My best friend came home after being gone 11 months.
But those were all good things. Emotional, yes; but good.
This Christmas season, a part of my heart is missing. I buried her this past summer. It may sound crazy, but I can't wrap my mind around a Christmas Day without her. I cried a lot over Thanksgiving, because I miss her so much.
This Christmas season, I will choose to be thankful in the moments when I want to wallow in my self pity.
I am thankful that my parents are alive.
I'm thankful I did not lose a grandparent this year.
I am thankful for each of my brothers,
and the laughter we will share over the holidays.
I am thankful for Jesus,
and everything He is.
"Be joyful always."
-1 Thessalonians 5:16
No comments:
Post a Comment