Saturday, March 31, 2012

summer reading

I'm supposed to be finishing a research paper. How about a blog entry instead?! Yeah? Okay, I think so too! Summer is quickly approaching! Therefore, I submit to you my tentative summer reading list. Tentative because I am likely to add more as time goes on. It seems like I always have a list of books I want to read, but I never seem to read them! Last summer I was in summer school for the entire duration of my break...well okay, I had a week at the beginning and two weeks at the end, but still. However, this summer that is not the case! I really want to accomplish this guys! So I'm blogging about it. Go figure...


#1 The Hobbit by: J.R.R. Tolkien

I confess, I want to read this mostly due to a trip I'll be making to a certain movie theater in December. I read through part of the trilogy in high school, but I haven't read (or heard, rather) this book since I was a wee child. My dad would read it aloud to my older brother and I at night before we went to sleep. Anyway, it has been too long since I have acquainted myself with Mr. Tolkien. This summer, I intend to fix that.


#2 Soul Surfer by: Bethany Hamilton

This girl's story intrigues me on so many levels, seriously. I can't wait to get started on this one.


#3 Mockingjay by: Suzanne Collins

Yeah, I'm one of those people. My literacy professor talked and talked about them. So over Christmas I read the first two. I'm planning to knock out the third this summer. I have my fair share of opinions on these books. But for now, I'll just say that the similarities between the mentality of the Capitol and America literally makes me nauseous.


#4 Peter Pan by: J.M. Barrie

I love the stories of Peter Pan, but I have never read the book. This summer, I will change that.


#5 The Three Musketeers by: Alexandre Dumas

This is one of those books that I never read as a kid, but now I wish I knew the story. Therefore, I'm going to read it!



If all else fails, I'll revert to the classic Chronicles of Narnia by: C.S. Lewis. I've read those books too many times to count. Yet, they never get old.

Until next time...
Peace out, girl scout!

No comments:

Post a Comment