Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. -Psalm 51:12
It's that time of the semester.
That time when I am distracted from God and His voice.
That time when I am too tired to focus.
That time when my to-do list is a mile long, and my motivation is down to zero.
That time when I avoid praying or taking Him my junk because I don't have time for a melt down.
That time when I am tired, stressed, and questioning my decision for a higher education.
This week has not been a good one. I am not joyful right now. I am not excited for God's plans. In fact, right now I don't like His plan.
But, I am reminded that He is faithful. He has not left. He has not brought me this far just to make me do the rest alone. He's still there, waiting for me to fall at His feet. I think it's out of grace that He knocks us to our knees. He knows that's our position even though we like to forget.
So my prayer for the week is simply this... restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. (-Psalm 51:12.)
All my joy and perseverance derives from one thing, God. He and He alone can sustain me. Oh God show us grace, that we might turn to You when we feel distraught.
No comments:
Post a Comment