My father is probably the most self-sacrificial person I know. He puts my family before himself nearly every day. He is not perfect, but he is loving. He is not mean or malicious. And I feel safe when he is home. He would take a bullet for me, or my brothers, or my mother any day. He loves my mother. I can see it in his eyes when he looks at her. And that, is the greatest gift he could ever give me.
My mommy is my very best friend. I can and do tell her everything (even the things I try to keep secret)! She calls me every morning to make sure I make it to class on time (even though that is usually at 5 am for her because of the time difference). She always texts me before I go to sleep. And her prayers are never ceasing. She is a hard-core pray-er. She constantly points me to the Lord. She is my biggest fan. I love laughing with her. I love how we talk until the wee hours of the morning when I am home. I love that she loves me.
Aaron is my big brother. If anyone today has a faith like Abraham it is him. His faith in God puts mine to shame. He is constantly questioning and looking for answers and he always goes back to God. He has endured a lot of slander and persecutions for his faith, but I praise God that He will bless him for it. His heart is for the lost and the outcasts, just like Jesus' heart.
Noah is my much-taller-but-still-younger-than-me-brother. Noah can play any instrument known to ma (he can also play some that are not known). His determination to do the right thing astounds me. I know God has big things in store for him; He must have with everything He is teaching him. Despite wound after wound, he keeps going back to church and to God. He is becoming a mighty man for the Lord like my father and older brother. I am so proud of him. He is letting the Lord shape him and mold him. He is remarkable.
Then there is Isaiah. The youngest of my clan. With every day that passes I love him more and more. He is very advanced in his math skills and is a real penny pincher. He is super competitive and loves to win at everything! But, when it comes to God he wants it all to go to Him. He truly has the heart of a giver unlike any other. He gives, not only of himself, but also from his piggy bank of his $35 life savings to those who need it. He is only 7, but already he is so self-sacrificing for those he loves and those he doesn't even know. His heart of compassion stirs me.
All three of my brothers make me laugh non-stop. They are absolutely hilarious when we are home together and I love it. I am truly blessed beyond all measure.
I praise God for each of you and thank Him for putting you in my life. I love you, sweet family.
This is Abby. She is also a huge part of my family. She is older now, but she has been through a lot with my family. I know it may seem silly to those of you without a dog, but she really is an important member of my family. She raised me, Aaron, and Noah. She is in the process of raising Isaiah. I adore her.
No comments:
Post a Comment