Today, or perhaps I should say this month, has been one of those days. One of those days where my fear creeps in and tells me His grace has run dry, it tells me His blood has run out for me. For the last while my life seems to be a pattern, sin, repent, sin, repent, sin, repent, etc, etc, etc. Now, I know that this is the pattern of every Christian's life, but lately mine has been intentional sin, intentional hurt, and in my head at least that makes a difference. I am broken right now. My faith is weak. My prayer has been that God won't leave me the way I am, that He won't leave me in my sinful, brokenness. The lie has been whispered into my ear that He has given up on me. But that is not true. His overwhelming faithfulness knocks you to your face when you are unfaithful, because He still loves you in your unfaithfulness. The other night, I felt so hopeless. So, I cried. I cried out to Him and begged Him to save me, to rescue me, to let me know that somehow, someway everything would be okay. I opened my Bible to Micah unintentionally and this is what it said:
"You will again have compassion on us; You will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea." -Micah 7:19.
Then, I flipped over some and my eyes rested on the following:
"...though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land; but if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword,' the mouth of the Lord has spoken." -Isaiah 1:18-20
And since everything we are tempted by is common to man, I wanted to remind you, your forgiven. You're not alone. He has forgiven you. His mercies are new every morning. And He eagerly longs for you to call out to Him. He loves you.
No comments:
Post a Comment