I found this poem randomly today. I wrote it a while back. Just thought I'd share. May it encourage you today :)
you know that feeling...
the one where the weight of the world is on your shoulders.
where nothing is going the right way.
where you don't know how you are going to survive the next day.
it is the feeling that makes your heart pound.
the feeling of being forgotten, insignificant, a failure.
escaping it is a goal that not many attain.
that is the feeling that makes you go numb inside.
numb to the evil around you.
numb to the kindness someone tries to offer you.
numb to the world.
numb toward God.
and if you ask God to fix it.
He whispers one simple word.
embrace.
embrace the task set before you.
embrace what I have called you to do.
embrace, Me, and remember I am not your feelings.
He doesn't force us.
we have to choose Him daily.
everything screams inside you: NO!
you don't like it.
you almost despise it.
and yet He keeps telling you, embrace.
No comments:
Post a Comment